These festive fruit mince pastry stars are a great substitute for mince pies at Christmas time. They take a fraction of the time to make, look prettier and taste just as good.
Ingredients (makes enough to feed a crowd):
4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 x 400g jar fruit mince
1 egg, beaten
To serve: icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Line baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
3. Place the pastry sheets on a board or hard surface and using a star cutter, cut the pastry into star shapes.
4. Place the pastry stars onto the baking sheets. Prick with a fork and brush with the beaten egg.
5. Place ½ to 1 teaspoon (depending on the size of your star cutter) of fruit mince in the middle of each star.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
7. To serve, dust with sifted icing sugar.