Mouth-watering USA-style barbecue food that you can recreate in your own home
About – American Barbecue Cooking Class
The American approach to barbecuing is rapidly gaining popularity in Australia, which is not surprising given how flavoursome this cuisine is! In this class you will learn the techniques of smoke, spice and low & slow cooking that are characteristic to American outdoor cooking
- Spiced Smoked Nuts
- Cajun Blackened Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Slow-Cooked Sticky, Spicy Pork Ribs
- Smoked Chicken with Alabama White Sauce
- Grilled Lime & Chilli Corn on the Cob
- Barbecued Chocolate Bananas
A Life’s A Feast cooking class is more than just a cooking lesson: in addition to learning to prepare a selection of sumptuous dishes, you will increase your kitchen skills and culinary knowledge AND enjoy the feast of your creation with wine, in a relaxed and fun environment. See us on Channel 7’s Great South East to get a taste of our classes.
Our cooking school is set on the edge of beautiful Noosa National Park, and our cooking classes are interactive, hands on and a heap of fun. We limit numbers to 10 participants so everyone is involved, which means you get the chance to prepare and cook all the dishes – you’ll come away knowing you can recreate the dishes at home because you’ve done each and every step.
Once the dishes are prepared, feast on the fruits of your labour with your fellow class mates and enjoy a generous sit down meal, a couple of glasses of wine and some sparkling conversation.
We have been operating since 2007 and are proud to hold a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence as well as recently winning the Tourism Noosa Customer Service Award. We are genuinely passionate about food and cooking, and our prime objective is for you to be inspired and to ignite your passion for food whilst having fun in the process. At our boutique cooking school, we use fresh, quality, local produce.
Ingredients, equipment (including aprons), a generous lunch and wine are all provided – you only need bring your enthusiasm and a healthy appetite!
What you will learn
- Prepare a selection of exciting but effortless dishes to cook on the barbecue.
- Unlock the secrets to authentic American outdoor cooking.
- Dine alfresco in a beautiful Australian bush setting, enjoying the meal you’ve helped create with matching wines.
What you will get
- Café quality coffee, tea and freshly baked muffins upon arrival.
- A 5-hour culinary experience with no more than 10 participants in a relaxed and fun environment.
- A full sit-down meal with 2 glasses of quality wine.
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher.
- All ingredients and equipment provided (including aprons).
- A folder containing recipes and class notes to take home.
- $15 discount on your next class.
Per Person: $200
All prices are in Australian dollars
Recommended for participants to be ages 16yrs+.
Any participant ages 10yrs – 15yrs MUST be accompanied by a paying adult (aged 18+)
Maximum of 10 people per class
Classes are suitable for all levels of cooking skills.
Because our classes are limited to just 10 participants, we are able to tailor the class to ensure everyone benefits, regardless of their skill levels.
Location and Parking Info
Our cooking school is just minutes from Hastings Street, and less than a 30-minute drive from Sunshine Coast Airport. There is a parking area at the rear of the driveway, or alternatively there is ample street parking.