Recipe: Spiced Roasted Almonds
We’re well into Spring, and with the warm weather comes Party Season! With Melbourne Cup Day less than 2 weeks away, the countdown to Christmas begins and it’s the time of year many are inclined to invite friends over and share some good old fashioned hospitality. These Spiced Roasted Almonds are a cinch to make and are exceptionally moreish. Whether you’re putting on a casual barbeque, or a more formal sit-down affair, these are perfect for serving with pre-lunch or -dinner drinks. So much nicer than opening a bag of chips, and imagine how gratifying it is when your guests remark on how delicious they are and you can say “I made it myself”!
Ingredients (serves 4):
1½ tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salts
250g whole raw almond kernels
Method (5 mins + 20 mins cooking time):
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Combine the olive oil, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add the almonds and stir to coat.
3. Place the coated almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
4. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until they are crisp and browned, stirring once or twice to make sure they roast evenly.
5. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Note: Nuts will keep fresh for 1 week stored in an airtight container. Recipe can easily be doubled.